My banana bread recipe

I have been making banana bread for years, and it is one of my specialities if I say so myself.

The ingredients I use are:

  1. 3 bananas, peeled and mashed
  2. 1/3 cup melted butter.
  3. 3/4 cup sugar (I always add a tiny bit more)
  4. 1 egg (beaten)
  5. Pinch of salt.
  6. 1 1/2 cups of plain flour.

So simple!

You can also add in extras. Today I threw in a cup of milk and dark chocolate chips. (One cup all together, worked pretty well.) I've used walnuts before, raisins, or anything else that has tickled my fancy! Experiment with it! 

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 175°C, and butter a loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork (or potato masher) until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Add your pinch of salt, stir in the sugar and beaten egg before mixing in the flour. Add your extras too now if you were planning on it. 
4. Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes at 175°C, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and allow it to cool completely. Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve.













(I also made scones)

I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Also, if you decide to make it be sure to tweet me a pic! (@gabriellaftpll).

Bye for now,
Tamzin xxx

Popular Posts